How to Recover Flash Drive on Mac?
Flash drives are like self powered flash memory storage device which are compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X. They can be used by simply connecting to the USB port of the computer system. These storage media are generally rewritable and removable. Flash drives are physically smaller as compared to other storage devices such as hard disks, CDs / DVDs, floppy disk drives etc. The main advantage of these storage devices is that they dont have any moving physical parts hence they are free from any sort of physical damages. But like that of the other storage devices flash drives also face data loss and logical failure. In such situations you should restore flash drive on Mac using best Flash drive data retrieval application. In this kind of situations you should find out the root cause of data loss from flash drive. Some common data loss situations in flash drive are discussed below.
Common Data Loss Scenarios from Flash drives on Mac:
- Human Error: Data may be lost from the flash drive on Mac OS X because of common human mistakes like formatting / re-formatting the flash drive on Mac without taking data backup, erasing some data instead of any other data, formatting your flash drive unintentionally instead of some other drive.
- Error in File system Conversion: If any sort of problem arises during file system conversion on Mac OS X, then all the data stored in that flash drive become inaccessible to the user leading to data loss.
- Improper Usage: Improper insertion or removal of the flash drive while data transfer process is still continuing then the data inside becomes inaccessible.
- Unexpected situations: Some of the exceptional cases like forcibly turning off the Mac system or instant power failure in the halfway of some transfer process can make the data stored in the flash drive inaccessible. As a result data loss occurs in Mac OS X.
- Corrupted Flash Drive: Data from the flash drive on Mac OS can be inaccessible because of logical damage or any sort of corruption. Corruption also happens due to malware attack. Some important data from flash drive can get erased during anti-virus scanning process.
- Third party utility: Data from the flash drive on Mac OS X may be lost because of improper function of any third party tool.
To get rid of the data loss scenarios from your flash drive on Mac operating system, you should take care of some important precautionary steps discussed below:
- Take proper data backup before formatting your flash drive in order to avoid data loss because of improper formatting.
- Properly use the flash drive while connecting to your Mac system to avoid data loss due to improper ejection or insertion of the flash drive.
- If your flash drive data is already lost then dont use that flash drive right after data loss. You can use it as usual only after you retrieve all the deleted / lost data from it.
To escape from the data loss situation from flash drive on Mac OS X by recovering all your lost / deleted flash drive data you can recover flash drive on Mac using Mac flash drive recovery software. To restore flash drive deleted files on Windows you need to use the Windows version of this recovery tool. This software also allow you to undelete deleted data from flash drive partition both on Windows and Mac OS X by using its Windows and Mac version respectively. This software is helpful to recover Transcend flash memory card photos. It retrieves lost / deleted data from SD, XD, MMCs, CF, flash memory cards, FireWire drives, external USB drives etc. Flash drive data inaccessible because of any sort of corruption can also be restored using this software.
Kingston USB flash drive is one of the world largest manufacturer of flash drives. Sometimes data stored in thes e flash drives can get deleted or lost. With the help of Kingston flash drive recovery tool, user can easily perform the recovery process without getting stuck at any place.
Steps to restore lost data from flash drives on Mac:
Step 1: Download and install Mac flash drive recovery software demo version on your PC with the affected flash drive connected to it. Once you launch the software, the main window will be displayed with three options as shown in Figure 1
Figure 1: Click on Recover Volumes/Drive Option
Step 2: Choose Formatted/Reformatted Recovery option to recover data from accidentally formatted flash drive as shown in Figure 2
Figure 2: Click on Formatted/Reformatted Recovery Option
Step 3: Select the flash drive as the volume from which data is to be retrieved and click on Next button as shown in Figure 3.After the volume is selected then the software will start searching for deleted / lost data from that particular volume
Figure 3: Select accidentally formatted flash drive
Step 4: After completing scanning process, you can see the restored data from the flash drive by yourself as shown in Figure 4. You can also store the retrieved data from flash drive to any location in your system
Figure 4: View recovered Data